This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video problems

I just installed Kubuntu 8.04 on my computer and I got everything working and I turned the computer off. I can't change my resolution for my monitor the max is 640 x 480 is the max. Please help

Re: Video problems

what video card are you using?
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

ATI Mach64 Utah is the video card.

Comment

When you have a ATI or Nvidia card you have to install the restricted drivers for them.
        Have you done that?
        this might help you out. http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3879.0
        &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

I tried what they said to try but it's still the same. I made a copy of the X-server window in the info center. I don't know how to change this it's in the picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried editing xorg?

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83973

Comment

It's working now that's for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X