Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin: Any way to get thumbnail icons to display for pictures and video?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin: Any way to get thumbnail icons to display for pictures and video?

Hello,

Is there anyway to get the icons for images and videos to be the icon itself for them as in Vista? I would prefer to get it working in Dolphin, but I would switch file managers if this possibility existed elsewhere.

This is pretty much one of only 3 small issues I am trying to deal with since making the switch on my Desktop platform.

Thanks,
    Adam

Re: Dolphin: Any way to get thumbnail icons to display for pictures and video?

So I am guessing this feature is not present?

Comment

Originally posted by writher
      So I am guessing this feature is not present?
      There is a Settings -> Configure Dolphin... View Modes [General]... File Previews: Use Thumbnails embedded in files

And [Icons]... Change Icon and Preview size

But the few video files I do have write now don't have embedded thumbnails to test it for you...

Comment

Is there anyway to get the icons for images and videos to be the icon itself for them as in Vista?
        Hmm - do you mean preview thumbnail ? (I don't have Vista)

Preview thumbnail > Video Previews

KDE 3.5
        - libarts1-xine
        - mplayerthumbs

Konqueror (It also affects to the Dolphin) > Settings > Configure Konqueror > Previews & Meta-Data (allow previews)

KDE 4
        - mplayerthumbs

Dolphin > Preview (on/off)

[img width=400 height=302]http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3095710.0;attach=3 667;image[/img]
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X