This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

version 2.6.24-16 iso download

I somehow screwed up my network connection in Kubuntu 2.6.24-16 when trying to run Kpilot so I have no network access through my wired Ethernet connection.

I would like to reinstall this version but I can't download it to the computer in question. I can use another computer to download an iso file that I could burn to a CD.

The trouble is I can't find an iso version of 2.6.24-16. I don't want to use version 19 because it does not talk well with my Nvidia boards.

So can someone tell me where I can find an archive of the iso version of 2.6.24-16 that I can download and burn to a CD?

Thanks

Re: version 2.6.24-16 iso download

http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/releases/kubuntu/8.04.0/

List includes this package which suggests a 2.6.24-16 kernel...
    /pool/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_2.6.24-16.30_i386.deb

Edit: That is not the KDE4 remix though...

Comment

Hi there

Reinstalling just to reinstate your network setting seems a bit extreme unless it's a last resort.

Have you checked network settings (start\system settings\network settings). By selecting administrator mode you will be prompted for your password and will then be able to reconfigure your network card.

That help?

Ian

Comment

Thanks, I actually did find out how to start my network but I have to start it manually and it isn't the big problem. My big problem now is HAL won't start but I will start a new post.

Comment

From within the configure interface panel in network settings you can configure the network interface to start at boot.

Comment

Unfortunately, I can't even start the network from that dialog. I use:

sudo dhclient3 -pf /var/run/dhclient.eth0.pid -lf /var/run/dhclient.eth0.leases eth0

from a terminal window to start the network.

With problems like this and not being able to start hal both of which seem to have no solution it is going to be a long while before linux is going to be considered a safe alternative to MSWs.

I was almost at the point of switching entirely over to Linux but I think I am going to have to stick with XP for some time

Comment

Working...
            X