X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation not possible due to scrambled graphics

Hello,

Well, I am a newbie to Linux so I hope this is the right place to post this request for help.

I cannot install kubuntu or ubuntu because my screen is filled with blinking colors and other garbage during the installation process. I had had ubuntu installed in parallel with Vista 64 bit, which came with this new Gateway PC I just bought, and it worked fine, but then I installed an eVGA GeForce 7900 GS graphics card in Vista 64, which also worked fine, but ubuntu presented me with a similar garbled screen. That's why I downloaded and installed kubuntu, hoping that a new install would somehow recognize the card.

So, how do I do this? I haven't tried the Live CD option presented with the installation menu, but I'll do that next, though I wonder how that could help.

The good news is that kubuntu did not mess with the MBR, so Vista booted okay.

Many thanks.

Michael

Re: Installation not possible due to scrambled graphics

Did you switch off the on-board video in the bios?

[mad]Berry
    Check out my website with Kubuntu how to's:  madberry.org

Comment

Re: Installation not possible due to scrambled graphics

Actually, there is no switch in BIOS. The board was setup via Vista Device Manager, and it works fine. This problem occurs only when attempting to use or install Linux.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X