X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 on SPDIF

Hello,

Not that I am a completely new user, but I felt the topic belonged here. I'm back to Kubuntu again with KDE 4.0.3 and Hardy 8.04.1.

Now that I'm back in here I am having a few little transition pains as usual. The one that is bothering me tonight is the loss of control over my sound card I have at this point. Under windows, the Creative mixer for my Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital card has options for the speaker configuration, tone control (bass/treble equalizer), Simulated surround, etc. Anyone familiar with using a Creative card under windows knows the options that are present. I really do miss being able to control the tone management for my card.

Is there any way to regain this type of functionality under Kubuntu?

I was glancing at JACKd but I don't think this is what I need to get the little job done.

Thanks for any help from anyone!

Re: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 on SPDIF

alsamixergui ?

Comment

Re: Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 on SPDIF

Well, it's installed and I do use it. But the alsa mixer doesn't show all of the cards channels/functionality. For instance, there are 3D channels and other similar "extras" that I can get to show up as toggle switches in alsa mixer, however, none of them do anything. The thing I am looking for is a way to control the DSP effects and also to have a master/central tone control (bass/treble). This functionality is all built into the Windows Creative Mixer.. which is included when you install the drivers for the card of course.

There has to be something I can tweak in ALSA to get my desired results, I just wish I knew more about the workings of it and what would permit me to tweak things.

Thank you for the reply in any case.. it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X