Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clock time messes up after booting other OS.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock time messes up after booting other OS.

Well I'm using grub and sometimes I load WinXPSP3 to play games(it's easy and without glitches), but everytime I "boot" up my clock time is incorrect. The same in windows, the same in linux.

Kubuntu hardy 8.04.1 KDE Debian

Re: Clock time messes up after booting other OS.

Did you check you BIOS.
    It sounds like you need to replace the back-up battery on your motherboard. This is the case for sure if the date is off as well....

[mad]Berry
    Check out my website with Kubuntu how to's:  madberry.org

Comment

Another thing to check if time changes when switching from linux to windows (or vice versa), and the time is offset by the amount of your timezone offset.

Check file:
      /etc/default/rcS
      for the key 'utc=yes'
      and change it to 'utc=no'

Windows thinks that the system clock is set to local time and linux, by default (Unix roots showing here), thinks it is set to UTC (with local time calculated from it). You can change the linux default by editing the aforementioned key.

Comment

Interesting (but not surprising), but booting Windoze in a VM (VMWare Player) doesn't suffer this problem. My /etc/default/rcS file contains the key "UTC=yes" and running WinXP in VMWare Player, WinXP shows the same time as the Host OS.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X