This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super noob

I have just installed Kubuntu to replace XP on my business laptop and Knetwork Manager is not even opening up for me. Knetwork opened up the first few times I tried it but now does nothing.

I have a Wifi ethernet connection but cannot gain internet access even though the connection is enabled and it was working when I had XP. If you respond please do so in the most plain English as possible because I really don't know computer speak.

Re: Super noob

My laptop works wirelessly. I don't have knetwork manager installed - so, by itself, it is not going to make your laptop work wirelessly.

Some more information would help. Does your laptop have a make and model? Does your wifi have a make and model? Just because a laptop connects out-of-the-box with Windows XP does not mean that it works immediately with Linux. You may have some work to do...

I assume that you can connect your laptop with an ethernet cable. As a first step open Konsole Terminal Program and input the command: lspci . Then copy and paste the result to this forum.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X