X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 7.10 Installation problem

Hallo!
    I try to install Kubunto 7.10 on my computer but when I hit install I get an endless list of line with numbers and words I can't understand
    My computer info is below. Unfortunately I don't even now wether I have 32 or 64 bit computer so myabe I run a wrong installation package/ Which one package do Ineed to chooose for PC (Intel x86) desktop CD or for 64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop CD/ Please advise me on this problem
    Thak you

Processor
    Model : Genuine Intel(R) CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHz
    Speed : 1.60GHz
    Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
    Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
    Type : Dual-Core
    Internal Data Cache : 2x 32kB Synchronous, Write-Thru, 8-way set, 64 byte line size
    L2 On-board Cache : 1x 1MB ECC Synchronous, ATC, 4-way set, 64 byte line size, 2 threads sharing

System
    System : System manufacturer System Product Name
    Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5GC-MX
    Bus(es) : ISA PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
    Multi-Processor (MP) Support : 1 Processor(s)
    Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
    System BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. 8.10
    Total Memory : 1GB DDR2-SDRAM

Chipset 1
    Model : ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82945G Processor to I/O Controller
    Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 200MHz (800MHz data rate)
    Total Memory : 1GB DDR2-SDRAM
    Memory Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)

Video System
    Monitor/Panel : Модуль подключения монитора
    Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Re: Kubuntu 7.10 Installation problem

It looks like one of the 64-bit Intel Core 2 Duos.

I suspect you might have a bad CD there -- did you make it or get it from ShipIt? If you made it, I have two suggestions:

1. Might as well download 8.04, unless there is some special reason you don't want the LTS version.

2. Check the downloaded ISO file using the md5sum and make sure you got a good download. Then burn the CD at 4X speed, using "DAO" mode with your burning software.

If you use the "Live CD" ISO, then you should be able to boot the CD and use Kubuntu. If you download "Alternate Install" CD then it is a text mode installation and it doesn't run the KDE desktop.

HTH

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 7.10 Installation problem

Thank you for a quick reply but I've got a lot to learn to make out what it all means/
      I made the disk myself that it I made a copy of kubvuntu installation disk I was given by a friend and he installed Kubunti without problems/ By the way I first dragged all files from the my friends's and dropped on my future disl in Nero 8 programms and then burned the collection: all the files were the same but I Kubuntu didn't boot, then I just copied disc and voila! the installation programms runs that is I see the list of of the installation methods I tried all but it didn't work. Only when I ran via last line I got as far as choosing language but then everything stuck. The same disc I ran on another Pentium 3 machine and installation worked after my pressing the install line but machine worked so slow I had to interrupt the installation after 2 hours and I got a bit futher than choosing language
      If I download the 8.04 it's gonna cost me about 50$ and it is a bit expensive. Anyway I have to find out first what download I need for PC (Intel x86) desktop CD or for 64-bit PC (AMD64) desktop CD

Comment

Working...
      X