This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Internet painfully slow on Gutsy and Hardy

I have been running gutsy for a while and recently noticed the internet getting slow. It's more of a matter of slow response and not so much slow download speed. I use wifi on dsl and verizon wireless, the kind that uses the cell towers. On both types of connections it is slow. If I log into windows on the same computer both connections are fast. Ipv6 was disabled in Gutsy. I just did a format and clean install of Hardy and the install appeared to go well except I have the same slow internet response problem except now maybe worse. I disabled ipv6 with no change. What might be happening here?

Re: Internet painfully slow on Gutsy and Hardy

Do you mean resolving of IP-addresses is slow?

If you do try this how to:
    http://madberry.org/2008/07/opendns/

And report back with the results...

[mad]Berry
    Check out my website with Kubuntu how to's:  madberry.org

Comment

Solved - Re: Internet painfully slow on Gutsy and Hardy

I am guessing resolving IP addresses could have been the problem. But I solved the problem and forgot to come back here and say so. I think it was a router problem. I restarted my router and for some reason that made the problem go away that time although I tried that before with no change. Thanks for replying madberry.

Comment

Re: Internet painfully slow on Gutsy and Hardy

Cool please change the title to "[SOLVED]Internet painfully slow on Gutsy and Hardy"

[mad]Berry
        Check out my website with Kubuntu how to's:  madberry.org

Comment

Working...
        X