Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the idea of linux but I messed up, help me uninstall kubuntu please.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the idea of linux but I messed up, help me uninstall kubuntu please.

I installed kubuntu on a portable parallel hard drive plugged into my laptop, figuring I could play with it and learn at leisure. But, I didn't know the boot-up program would not let me boot up the computer unless the portable is plugged in each and every time. I refuse to be held hostage to needing to not ever loose it and plug it into my laptop forever and ever.
    All the forum help I have read on uninstalling gives lip service to the subject like "ignore it" or "let him use his OS and forget it is there". What kind of help answer is that? Are there any knowledgeable users here or should I try elsewhere? I love the idea of giving mr gates the boot and want to change over to linux. Help me uninstall and reinstall on a already made partition on my hard drive.

Re: Love the idea of linux but I messed up, help me uninstall kubuntu please.

if I understand you correctly you installed the OS to an external hard drive? Then just format the hard drive from within windows, to a fat32 so both windows and Linux can read it for storage use. Then insert the disk and REPARTITION the windows installation to use less room so you can install Linux on your primary hard disc. Easy mode. If you decide to quite *nix then just format the partition you had using something like gparted and make it ntfs or fat32 for more win* storage... This is just my take on the situation...
    Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB  HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1

Comment

There's been a lot of posts on this, and the options are well documented.
      Search.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by pestypete
        I installed kubuntu on a portable parallel hard drive plugged into my laptop, figuring I could play with it and learn at leisure. But, I didn't know the boot-up program would not let me boot up the computer unless the portable is plugged in each and every time. I refuse to be held hostage to needing to not ever loose it and plug it into my laptop forever and ever.
        All the forum help I have read on uninstalling gives lip service to the subject like "ignore it" or "let him use his OS and forget it is there". What kind of help answer is that? Are there any knowledgeable users here or should I try elsewhere? I love the idea of giving mr gates the boot and want to change over to linux. Help me uninstall and reinstall on a already made partition on my hard drive.
        When install the ubuntu on your external, you should choose to install grub on the external. otherwise, you will have to plug it everytime.

There has been an "advanced" button during the setup, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
        X