This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual DVD drive

[EDIT] So I've been using linux for sometime now, and I have never fully switched over because I couldn't get certain drivers to work, mostly wifi, even with ndswrapper, BUT! I got it working, and I no longer am forced to use winblows! So, here's my question!
    [/EDIT]
    Alright, so I figured out how to make and mount and unmount iso's via command line, but when I mount an ISO of a game, I will use Grand Theft Auto San Andres for example, it mounts to the directory I told it to, but when I go to play the game, with the help of wine^_^, It tells me to insert the disc. Is there a virtual drive software, like Alcohol-soft that I can use in linux to mount ISO's? Or will I have to use the disc, I wanted to use an ISO because my dvd drive kills power when I run from battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!
    Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB  HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1

Re: Virtual DVD drive

Hi

Step 1.

sudo -s (so you don't have to keep typing sudo to get higher priv)

enter your password

Step 2

cd /mnt

mkdir iso

Step 3

mount -o loop -t iso9660 /location/file.iso /mnt/iso

change /location/file.iso to your location eg. /home/luke/games/gta.iso

there is a gui program to do it but cant remember what its called

Comment

Re: Virtual DVD drive

I've done that. When I mount the disc I was able to install from it, and access all the files. But when I went to play the game, it has disc authentication, and the only way I could see getting around using the disc would be a no CD crack, unless i could virtually mount the ISO.

The link I found for how to make, mount and unmount ISO's
      http://kevin.vanzonneveld.net/techbl...ages_on_linux/

Thank's for the help Kreggz, but I'm looking for something a little different.

Just to recap. I can't use software that requires inserting the disc to play when I mount the ISO.
      Compaq Presario c727us, 120GB  HDD, 2GB DDR2, 1.6GHz, fully working sound, wifi, proprietary buttons, and on board mouse with Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 4.1

Comment

Working...
      X