This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

laptop bright dim and power settings

Hi everyone, so some of you know I have now installed ompiz and its working great, now I'm not able to access my "Display" settings in System Settings to adjust my display's bright/dim. I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and my "FN" functions dont work, so I cannot adjust the bright/dim and use other FN button settings (those laptop users out there know what I mean) .

I also have capacitive sense volume, play, pause, stop and mute buttons that don't work.I downloaded the Dell laptop drivers in Adept but nothing seems to change and i searched for an application but no application seems to have downloaded or installed.

This is why i tried to adjust the bright dimm manualy in "Display" in the system settings but the rash handler comes up and gives me a bug report so when I unplug my laptop's power cord, i end up with a super dimm screen for power saving mode but have no way to turn it up. Here I was showing off compiz to a buddy of mine at work who's also installing Kubuntu on his computer but can barely see the stuff I'm doing on the computer cuz its not bright at all.....

any help is golden as usual
Working...
X