X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhytmbox plugin errors.

Hello guys. First post here, yay!

Well, I've been using kubuntu for a while now and I got rid of Amarok for Rhythmbox. Everything works great but when I start up it gives me three error messages. "Unable to activate plugin Cover art" "Unable to activate plugin Jamendo" "Unable to activate plugin Magnatune Store". It's a little weird that I get these because under plugins I have them all disabled. I usually just close them out and start listening to my music, but I think I should probaly take care of it sooner or later. Does anyone know what is causing the errors? Thanks in advance.

Re: Rhytmbox plugin errors.

The 3 'errors' you've mentioned....are 'left-over 'plug-ins....from Amorak, when you unistalled it....if you did.
    You may need to in an Application called "KLEAN".
    And, run it....to get rid of those 'disused Plugins'.
    Oh, and, be warned.......Klean does take a long time to work. (it works pretty much like CCleaner...if you have used this....in XP.)
    But, it is most likely that you have not fully unistalled Amorak, though..if you still have these 'plug-ins...still in the OS.
    (Remember the XP 'rule'?.......Always use Uninstall, whether it be the Program's Unistall or XP's, never Delete....on it's own.)
    USE the "ADD/REMOVE" program of Kubuntu, find Amarok...under "Multimedia"......Untick it. (should completely remove Amarok.)
    Be careful of 'how' you use it...it may take out MORE than you bargained for, too.
    I too 'optted'...for Rhythmbox.
    It has given me no problems, at all.
    Using Amorak...w/Realtek Sound...gave me hell. (Possibly the same reason why you didn't like using Amorak.) I swapped to a Creative Sound-card.....no problems since.
    For my DVDs....I optted for "Ogle". (Seems that it is the only one I can use, anyway, to play my DVDs.)

Comment

Okay, I'll try KLEAN and see if it works. I uninstalled Amarok through the add/remove on the k menu, maybe it didn't uninstall plugins. Yeah I think that Rhythmbox runs smoother than amarok, for dvd's though I use Kaffiene. It even plays the .iso's that I make no problem.

Edit: Nope, didn't work, still was a good tool to have. It got rid of quite a bit of space for me.

Comment

Actually, about an hour later the album art error went away and now I have album art. One down two to go.

Comment

Working...
        X