This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with php/apache2/mysql

hey guys, i'm a pretty novice linux user. i've got kubuntu 5.10 installed and i'm trying to get apache2, php, and mysql to work well together. i have apache2 working but don't seem to have php or mysql working. i couldn't find a good website that gave a tutorial on how to configure php and mysql for the apache2 webserver. i've basically been doing everything from adept so i have no clue how to go about setting it up through command. any help would be much appreciated!

Re: help with php/apache2/mysql

Hi and welcome the the kubuntu comunity!

Please use the search feature before posting tho

Everything you need to get it up and running can be found here on the kubuntu wiki.

Comment

ahhhh, great thx for the link! should i uninstall the php/mysql/apache2 through adept before i do this? thx.

Comment

If you've already manually installed Apache and it is working just go a head installing php & mysql (that's the way installed it).

Comment

thx for the reply aldrik, what i meant was if having php and mysql installed through adept is going to affect installing those two using command line. i already have all 3 supposably installed in adept but php and mysql arn't working. thx again.

Comment

Oh no that's fine, adept is just a graphical interface for apt-get. So if you prefer you can search and install each package using adept (or synaptic a better package manager IMO).

Comment

Working...
            X