This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with mouse button mapping

I just recently decided to try out linux for the first time and i heard that Ubuntu was the best for beginers, and then i found about about Kubuntu (which looked nicer to me) so i went ahead and tried it out . I first tried out the Dapper Drake beta but it scared me with all the bugs :P, so i tried Breezy and it's working great(in VMWare, i'm not ready for a native install yet ).

Ok, so in Windows my 2 extra mouse buttons (4 and 5) are used to go back and forward in explorer, firefox and other programs. How would i set the same function up in Kubuntu?

Re: Help with mouse button mapping

Here ya go... https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Intellimous...ForwardButtons

Comment

I would like to point out if you follow this guide, and are using Dapper do not create the 57xmodmap file. It will cause KDE to not open a session.

You don't need the 57xmodmap file anyways. The back and foward buttons by editing the xorg.conf file with Dapper config given in the link above.

Comment

Yeah that's what happened to me, i couldn't fix it so i just gave up on the extra mouse buttons thing, but i noticed the other day that my extra 2 mouse buttons actually fully work in linux as seperate buttons, mouse 4 and 5, (in a certain program) without any changes whatsoever, and my xorg.conf is set to the default "emulate3buttons". That means that the back and forward button feature could easily be implemented into KDE without any other changes (for now they just work as a left click).

Comment

Working...
        X