This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kubuntu work on these laptops?

I'm new to Linux, and my last laptop didn't work with Xorg, so I'm checking to make sure these are compliant before I buy them. Can Kubuntu be used on the HP dv6500 series and the HP tx2500 series tablets?

Re: Does Kubuntu work on these laptops?

Im quite surprised that xorg not work at all. You may not have 3d hardware acceleration, but in 2d you should not have any problem. that told any lcd screen can be set up correctly, same as any intel, nvidia or ati cards ( and many others.. i just wrote the most common we can find today on laptops).

So exept if you have a very odd graphic card i suppose you will never have a problem.

Btw, i own an dv6500 and have me no problems..
    only a work of warnings. Kde4 still perform badly with nvidia cards & proprietary drivers, those will be updated quite fast, in the meanwhile use generic vn driver istead the proprietary. personally i still use kde 3.5.9.

Comment

while this site is for ubuntu, it should be reliable for kubuntu...unless you're going to use KDE4+

http://www.ubuntuhcl.org/

Comment

LinuxCertified PCs
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X