Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compiz, PyQT, superkaramba etc..... I need some info :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz, PyQT, superkaramba etc..... I need some info :)

Ok, so I downloaded everything that seemed relevant to the lates of compiz in Adept, and when i launch the "Desktop Effects" aplication it prompts me to install aplication specific plugins but when I do this, a progress bar from Adept shows up and skips the install and then i'm back to square one with an aplication that does nothing.

(i'll post the code in a sec)

I also tried yesterday to install superkaramba and it works but all widgets requiring PyQT plugins and the likes do not work. I installed everything that seemed relevant in Adept but once again, it does absolutely nothing. Do I have to activate them once installed?

And the last thing would be that since the latest reinstall of Kubundu, right beside the clock in the systemtray where the little icons with your wireless conection or wired conection is supposed to be, it disapeared and I don't know how to restore it.

Here is a screenshot of my desktop

http://s3.supload.com/free/snapshot2.png/view/

Re: Compiz, PyQT, superkaramba etc..... I need some info

I don't know about compiz. Don't need it with kde4.1.

Use kwin desktop effects.

As for superkaramba:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/kdeutils/+bug/183289

Edit:
    Just on a side note. Why don't you put your apps on the panel instead of spread all over the desktop?
    Nice Background

Here is my desktop HH kde4.1:
    http://s3.supload.com/free/desktopHH...8.1final/view/

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yeah, I have Kwin and don't know where to go to work with it... tried to launch it with alt+f2, tried doing a search.... looking in the system settings etc....

I also am trying to get the translucent windows and all that, cant seem to get there either.

I managed to get some signs that compiz is working because I have some new togle functions and it starts automaticaly when i restart kde. I read on a blog that you need to add compizconfig-settings-manager but Adept installer won't let me install it. It won't accept the checkmark in the box to install if i go to add/remove programs and if i try to request install in Adept manager, its like the button is dead.

I won't even try Synaptic, it worked for like 2 hours yesterday and now it can't even finish installing any programs.

Every now and then when I run the terminal (recently) i get this error msg that pops up saying "Klauncher could not be reached via D-Bus, error when calling start_service_by_desktop_path:empty"

?

Comment

Kwin effects are in system settings->desktop->desktop effects->on.

I won't even try Synaptic, it worked for like 2 hours yesterday and now it can't even finish installing any programs.
        I have the same problem on my HH remix kde4.1.

Don't worry about it. Just do ctrl+alt+backspace and login again.

As for the termminal. Hmm.. which version (color) kde4.1 re you using?

I had something like that a few weeks ago but it went away after an upgrade.

Try starting it from kmenu->system, the search field in kmenu or alt+F2 (right click on the desktop->run command->terminal)
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

actualy, the Terminal works fine, it just trigers an error and a momentary system freeze but I just "ok" the error and resume what i was doing. Its just kinda anoying and could possibly indicate that there is a problem somewhere that may be linked to other issues....

Comment

Quote from UbuntuForums:
            MSN updated their protocol, you need to update your aMSN to the new 0.97.2 version to access the network, download the 32/64bit update package here; http://www.getdeb.net/app/aMSN

Comment

Working...
            X