Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another resolution problem - and a wifi problem in ONE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another resolution problem - and a wifi problem in ONE!

OK - so Im very new, as is everyone else in this forum;

I am just running a generic intel gfx card that is nothing fancy in my gateway p series laptop ... and before I go through trying how to figure out how to install the driver, I may not have to.

When I start up kubuntu - my splash/login screen is the perfect resolution that I want ... nice and high. It logs in and I see my menu bar at the bottom, and its beautiful - then all of a sudden, the screen flashes, and it forces itself into 1024 X 786 as opposed to my purdy high resolution. Why would it be doing this? Does it have to do with that nasty KRandRtray thing?

second: my plasma menu bar at the bottom is way goofy - in the sense that it used to be showing my connection info in the sys tray, but it is not any more - this time i just logged on its not showing any sort of bar at the bottom of the screen at all, but usually with my main bar it only has a sound icon and another unrelated icon in my system tray

how do I get my wireless back?

Thanks for any any all help!
    Greg

Re: Another resolution problem - and a wifi problem in ONE!

if there was a way to make my resolution stay high, and get rid of the plasma kicker - I would absolutely love kubuntu.

Im sure there are ways to do these two things.

Comment

Working...
    X