Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I run Kubuntu on a Windows Vista computer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I run Kubuntu on a Windows Vista computer?

I know a flash drive or alternate HD would be the best idea if I don't want to wipe vista off, but how could I do it?

EDIT: I'm completely new to Linux, so help me out

Re: How can I run Kubuntu on a Windows Vista computer?

Vista *** The definitive dual-booting guide: Linux, Vista and XP step-by-step
    http://apcmag.com/dualboot

EDIT added: Btw, Yes, you can put Kubuntu on the same drive (or a different drive) than Vista and be able to choose one each time you re-boot the PC.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: How can I run Kubuntu on a Windows Vista computer?

I installed Kubuntu, via the "Install within Windows" option.
      I am using XP Pro, though.
      And, luckily, i had bought a new 250 Gig hard-drive.
      For this very purpose
      So, it all depends on how much....of a hard-drive you have to play with...to install Kubuntu, onto it.

By using the 'Install within' method....I have been able to install/uninstall Kubuntu....many times, with ease.
      I am 'tinkering/experimenting'.....with Linux, as I am a newbeee...to it myself.

If you do it, and, you have trouble 'booting' into Kubuntu ( which I did....as soon as the "Choose Menu Option" line appears.......click into it,and, choose the one with "having ACPI problems". That one worked for me.)

You may have to wait a while, for it to load this way, but, for it to work.
      (All it needs, is the one time to 'START'....and, you're in.)
      And use the Password you created......when installing Kubuntu,when it does Start.
      That's your "Root Password".
      And, remember it, too.

If you mess it up, just go 'Add and Remove"...and, remove it.
      Then, find the Kubuntu 'back-up' Folder......it will be in "Program Files".
      Delete it.
      If you have CCleaner,use it.
      To clean up.
      Repeat Install process, again.

Comment

Working...
      X