This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox bookmarks

I like to import the bookmaarks from my old firefox 2 form another disk to the new firefox 3.0

where can i find these bookmarks?

Re: firefox bookmarks

Open up bookmarks from the top menu and use the manage / import feature.

HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I highly recommend using the Foxmarks extension. It allows you to synchronize your bookmarks on every computer you use. If you install Firefox on a new computer, or a new distro, you merely tell Foxmarks to synchronize your bookmarks, and you are done. And you can always get your bookmarks no matter where you are.

Comment

I use foxmarks as well but when downloading the FF2 bookmarks you have to "merge" them and that can cause a lot of editing afterwards because the FF3 organizes its bookmarks differently.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

As Fintan says, "Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export HTML" and save the file somewhere useful, like a USB thumb drive. This is FF 3 procedure. FF2 was very similar -- I think the function was named "Import/Export" or something like that.

Then it is the reverse on your new FF installation, when you want to restore the bookmarks, you choose "Import > HTML file" and browse to your thumb drive and choose your backup file, and you're done except for setting the tabs up.

Comment

Working...
          X