This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop mouse problems

I just installed Kubuntu. I couldn't get my wireless network card to work. After adding "irqpoll" to my boot command, i have noticed that my network card works, but my mouse (the touchpad) doesn't seem to work as it did before. sometimes it's sluggish both in movement and also in clicking ability. it just doesn't seem to respond to the touch like it did before. i have tried adjusting the mouse settings in the systems settings, but this didn't affect it.

did irqpoll do something or was it just coincidence? any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Phil

Re: Laptop mouse problems

Do you have the ksynaptics package installed? That package has more customization features for the touch pad including sensitivity.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Well, i didn't have the ksynaptics package installed. in trying to do so, i was not able to find the package using apt-get/apt-cache or adept manager. i did find the gsynaptics package.

so i installed it and after adjusting settings it doesn't really seem to be much better. any other ideas on what to do, or where to find the ksynaptics package?

Comment

My bad... apparently ksynaptics has been cancelled:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=17286

It says to try touchfreeze which is not available in the repos (I just checked). Here's the KDE-Apps page:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=61442

Maybe this one will help.
        Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

So I haven't gotten a chance to try the links yet, but I forgot to mention that i tried booting without the "irqpoll" option and my mouse works 100% better. except now my wireless network card doesn't work.

i know it's hard to believe, but i really would like to be able to use both my mouse and my wireless network card. anyways, i'll give the KDE-apps page a try. hopefully that works. if you come up with any ways to get my network card to work without irqpoll, or my mouse to work with irqpoll, please let me know.

Thanks for you help.

Phil

Comment

Well, i know that i posted this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared so here goes again.

i tried touchfreeze, but all it did was stop any button clicking while i was typing. after reading the description closer, i noticed that it actually says that it does not provide configuration of the touchpad. so i'm still SOL

If anybody has any more ideas, I would greatly appreciate the help.

-Phil

Comment

Try un-installing 'mouse'(touch-pad)......then, reboot.
              To let OS find 'mouse'(touch-pad).
              Or, vice-versa, un-install network card (not the drivers.)
              What your computer is suffering from...is a 'conflict' issue.....between 'mouse' and wireless network card.
              The 'mouse' comes 1st. (Under windows, it does, anyway.)

Comment

Working...
              X