X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gmail - Miro and my Internal Mic with Kubuntu

Hi there!

I have three little problems or questions on Kubuntu

I have been using Ubuntu for about a year now and I love that I am 100% off of Windows for good -

I have now come to like the Kubuntu layout a bit more - however - when I go to Gmail and try to check email boxes to be deleted or moved - I cant put a check mark in them until I click off the box -

has anyone else ever come across this and can it be fixed -

Are there any Kubuntu users that are able to use Miro without problems - I have seen or read that in Ubuntu it works fine because it may be better with Gnome I think - but I think that I have seen some KDE options in the Download area in the Ubuntu Package Manager that I am wondering about - maybe it corrects the past problems that others have had- I use it in Ubuntu but have just not tried to install it yet to Kubuntu - Just asking in advance I may continue to have no problems for all I know-

lastly I am using a DELL Inspiron 1520 and all is pretty much fine with installation except for the darn internal Mic - I have tried all sorts of options that I have seen in forums and still no luck many times people try to explain or even show in pictures the settings in the Alsa Mixer and what I have is like only three level adjustments and they have like 5 or 6 options of settings that I cant find - I feel like I have tried everything possible - I have been able to avoid having to pay the local computer shop to figure out my computer issues but I have hit a wall with this one and with all the info on this that I have found out there it seems like a rather sad problem to bring to a shop -

Is there any LINUX MASTER out there seeing this that can help - I am not afraid of the Terminal - and My kubuntu Install is from a full DVD from the Kubuntu site that I ordered recently -

So those are my only trip-ups with Kubuntu if anyone can help I would really appreciate it - Thanks - I love LINUX - I have seen the light!!!

Re: Gmail - Miro and my Internal Mic with Kubuntu

As to installing/using miro in Kubuntu.

A simulated installation of miro shows that it will install without any reported conflicts. So, if you desire to do so, go ahead, either via Adept Manager (K Menu > System > Adept Manager) or from the command line.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
    X