This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screensaver packages?

Are there any of the above available for Kubuntu 8.04.1 or any singles ready to install? Thanx for any help! KDE 3.59 running here.
    Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Re: Screensaver packages?

The package kscreensaver should have already been installed. Several are available to choose from. K Menu > System Settings > Desktop > Screensaver
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Screensaver packages?

Yes, it was installed and I've tried an opengl and another one. When I get out of them and back to the desktop my cpu (dual core) is at about 90% switching back and forth between1 and two. It stays that way for a couple minutes, I don't know how long it may take to get back to normal because I do a ctl-alt-bspce to get things rolling again, works well but seems I shouldn't have to do that. 2 gigs ram, 600megs in use and none of the 2 gig swap space has been utilized. Any idea why the cpu hogging? Thanx Snowhog

edit, darnit I forgot somethin': Xorg; root is the hog at 90%
      Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Comment

Working...
      X