X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenOffice Base - Access Error

Hello,
    I'm working my way over to Linux, Kubuntu to be precise. Just a few days ago I went from running Kubuntu on a viritual machine in Windows, to running it on it's own machine (yay!) And to be honest, I'm loving it.

But now I'm having a rather annyoing problem. I'm trying to use 'base', the access like part of the Open Office package (the database part.) But whenever I try to edit one of the databases (as in create forms or do anything other than tell Base to make a new-blank database) I get this error:

The connection to the data source "A Database" could not be established.

Error code: -1
    com.sun.star.sdbcx.comp.hsqldb.StorageFileAccess.

Now, from what I gather there is some kind of error with access rights (ok.. thats my "guess" anyways... :P ) But I cant seem to find the problem. I've looked and I have read/write priveleges to the file....

I've tried googling, but cant find any issues like this beeing raported. Found simmilar error's but none like this one. All the other rapports complain about libhsqldb2: file not found but in my case it does not. Also they talk about getting 2-3 different error messages if they press the 'Tables' button several times. Again, I'm not getting that.

anyone else had this problem or have any idea how to fix it?

Re: OpenOffice Base - Access Error

Do you have the latest OOo?

If not, open a konsole and type:
    Code:
    sudo kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list
    and add this at the end:
    Code:
    # OpenOffice.org 2 final packages (packages)
    deb [url]http://people.ubuntu.com/~doko/OOo2/[/url] ./
    <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Re: OpenOffice Base - Access Error

Thank you! that seems to have fixed it for some weird reason!

I also just reinstaled my computer, I'm now 100% Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
      X