X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! remote desktop does not work

Hi,
    I am new to kubuntu.

The remote desktop feature does not work. I am using it to connect to my workplace server, running on windows. Help!
    Thanks.

Re: help! remote desktop does not work

You are using the windows Remote descto connection protocol ? In that case if your server have ip "10.10.10.10" you must write:

rsp:/10.10.10.10

if you writhe just the iP , your client is going to use VNC protocol ( and triing to connect at VNC port) so if you have not installed the VNC server on your windows server, it wont work.

other possible issues: check firewalls

Comment

Re: help! remote desktop does not work

rdp not rsp.

rdp://10.10.10.10

First though..How are you connecting to your work? Unless they have some kind of weird internet setup you have to connect first by something like VPN. I don't know of many setups that allow one to go directly to a server through VNC or RDP. Citrix can go straight to a server. One setup that might allow that is they use different ports. If so, you'll also need to add the port that the server will be listening on? Can you give us a little more detail on how you are to connect?

using port number: rdp://10.10.10.10:9999

Note: Since several people have responded to this thread, you may want to remove those two other posts about the same topic . That way there won't be help spread out all over. It will make it difficult to piece together a working solution.

Comment

Working...
      X