This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok need a little help or advice

righty cokey...sounds about right...might have to have a little fiddle with the bios then..hmm...wonder if I can ruin this pc too
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Originally posted by andybleaden
      hmm...wonder if I can ruin this pc too
      Don't worry, for every pc, there is a blue screen
      The early bird might get the worm, but it&#39;s the second mouse who always gets the cheese.

Comment

I kept getting a yellow screen of death for a year on and off...not even a small bit of blue?...always left out me!
        Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Ok, here go my two cents:

I would NOT buy a laptop for exclusive home use! I had two laptops and I travelled throughout the world with them. I was in heaven with my first laptop (Compaq Armada) but, out of a sudden it just died! I will not get into the data loss (you restore something under Windows and you are SCREWED!), but the repair budget was: "The motherboard has to be exchanged; 450 €".

The second laptop was a Fujitsu Siemens Amillo and that one screwed my butt (you may play with the words a bit ) right from the beginning. The machine lasted two years, just enough for the warranty to run out and the repair budget was: "The motherboard has to be exchanged; 450 €". This is true, I am not joking!

This time I bought a Desktop PC with two removable Hard Drives and I made the vendor mirror all the data from the Laptop's Hard Drive to one of the Desktop's removable Drives. I will have to buy a Laptop, for professional reasons, but it will NOT be a stand alone machine any more, but only a machine to be used during travels. And it will NOT be an expensive one, they die after two years anyhow! Actually, the Compaq lasted 6 years and really went a few times around the world (just to be fair).

Comment

worth noting this advice...hmm

I will stick with their old desktop for now

Comment

Working...
            X