• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIrefox 3

Hello,

How can i upgrade to Firefox 3.0 i am using kubuntu 64 7.04 now

Tx

Re: FIrefox 3

Why don't you upgrade to Kubuntu 8.04? 8.04 is a long time support. By the way. I don't know if you can upgrade to Ff3.0 using Kubuntu 7.04.

Good lucky

Comment

Have you tried ?:

> Ubuntuzilla
      This is the home of the Ubuntuzilla project, which is a python script that allows the user to install the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla SeaMonkey, and Mozilla Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux. Ubuntuzilla has a support forum on the Ubuntu Forums in the 3rd party projects area, which you are encouraged to use if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions.
      > Mozilla Firefox, all versions
      You can download and install Firefox from the Mozilla. > FAQ: Firefox

> Backport request / Topic: Want to Install Firefox 3
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Easy, download the Linux version of Firefox, extract it (I put mine in ~/.firefox) and link all the libxxx files to /usr/lib then run firefox-bin in the archive (you may need to make it executable first).

Comment

Originally posted by oscardisena
          Why don't you upgrade to Kubuntu 8.04? 8.04 is a long time support. By the way. I don't know if you can upgrade to Ff3.0 using Kubuntu 7.04.

Good lucky
          Kubuntu 8.04 is not LTS, Ubuntu 8.04 is. This only really extends to the desktop as the underlying system is the same. I would also urge an update though.

Comment

Working...
          X