X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

application(Pan) won't open[SOLVED]

Hello
    I can't get the news reader Pan to run when I choose it in the internet group. I've been using it for a few weeks but now it won't execute. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Re: application(Pan) won't open

Please identify the version of Kubuntu you are running, as well as the KDE version.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Also please define the term "won't execute". Does Pan start up? If not, have you tried starting it from a konsole in order to get an error message? If it does start, what do you see?

Comment

I'm running Kubuntu 8.04 and KDE 3.5. By execute I mean run, the app just doesn't respond, doesn't open, does nothing. When I run the command in a terminal the app opens as if for the first time asking for data such as news server address name, email etc.

Comment

When was the last time you used the application successfully, and what changes to your system have/were made since that time?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I was using it this morning and then I restarted to go into windows 2000, which failed with a BSOD. I then went back to kubuntu and then tried to open Pan

Comment

When I run the command in a terminal the app opens as if for the first time asking for data such as news server address name, email etc.
              I suspect that somehow, your Pan configuration data has been lost. In your home directory, find the .pan2 directory, (/home/emer_son/.pan2) You will have to have Konq set to show hidden files (under the View menu). How many files are there? I have 10 files and 2 directories. If your results are different, I suggest that you re-enter the required information after starting Pan from the command line.

Comment

This is a frustrating problem. I ran Pan from the command line, reentered the info and it worked. However upon restarting Pan from the command line the response was I received "aborted in Konsole.

Comment

I solved the problem. I uninstalled Pan, deleted .Pan2 in dolphin, then reinstalled. Works now as it should.

Comment

Working...
                  X