This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desktop thin client

I run a network with a domain at the school where I work. The whole system is Windows run from Windows 2003 server which is also able to be connected to as a terminal server. One classroom has very old computers (pentium I with 32 mega ram) which connect to the server and use it as a terminal server. These computers have a hard drive to start up from. The connection to the server has been by starting these computers with Windows 98 and then connecting to the terminal by remote connection, each user typing in their username & password. I would very much like to make these desktop computers thin client computers start-up with Linux and then connect to the Windows terminal server. Where can I find info on how to do this? I can provide more information if required but I hope my question has been clearly outlined.
    TIA
    Errol

Re: desktop thin client

Have a look here

thinstation.sourceforge.net/
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Hi Toad
      It looks looks the answer to my problem. I'll try it out in a few days time.
      Thanks
      Errol

Comment

Looks good, doesn't it

With documentation, irc channel et al.

Have fun and convert your school (and those attending )
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X