This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much power

Hi, I am looking to start using linux after using Windows all my life, I was advised to use ubuntu/kubuntu.

After some downloading, trial and error and everything else I have been informed that my Live CD won't run because my 4GB of RAM is too much for the CD i downloaded (or something along those lines)

is there someway i can fix this/downloading a different version without killing my RAM?

Re: Too much power

Welcome to Linux. If you want to learn Kubuntu you've come to the right place.
    I have been informed that my Live CD won't run because my 4GB of RAM is too much for the CD i downloaded (or something along those lines)
    I believe that this is the first time that I have ever heard of that error message (other people might have seen it). Moreover, I am writing this message on a machine running Kubuntu Hardy (with KDE3) that has 4GB of RAM, so it's certainly possible to do so.

Accordingly, I suggest:

(1) Read this page at the Ubuntu Community Help Wiki and the references contained therein. This will verify that you've got a good download and a good burn.
    (2) Provide us with some additional details about your machine and the CD that you downloaded.

Comment

heres a link to the other post i did that led me to the conclusion about my problem

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3095840.0

Comment

Sovled the problem by Downloading a slightly newer version

Comment

Working...
        X