This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning dar files with k3b

K3b seems to have trouble burning dar files. Can anyone tell me how I can save these backups to DVD?

Re: Burning dar files with k3b

Have you considered using KDar instead? It isn't listed in Adept Manager, but the link above takes you to the package home page at SourceForge.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You will note that kdar development stopped in 2005. I was a great fan of kdar for several years, but at some point (Edgy,Feisty, Gutsy?), Kubuntu stopped including the package, so I went back to bzipped tar files. There may still be a Debian package and it may (or may not) work with Hardy.

What's happening when you try to burn a dar file? Does it happen when you burn other things to DVD?

Comment

Dar's Documentation You need to check this out.

Comment

k3b's reported error is "could not determine size of resulting image file" and stopped. Others have reported problems with dar files. Couldnt find anything in dar doc.

Comment

Why not use Dar by itself? According to the link provided, and in the linked Hall of Fame one intrepid user backed up 1.4 Terabytes of data to 200 DVD-R's.

Comment

Working...
            X