Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I set up a wireless network with Windows Vista?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I set up a wireless network with Windows Vista?

Hi, my brother have a Windows Vista Laptop connected to the internet through my Kubuntu 8.04 desktop.
    How can I set up a wireless network with his laptop?
    His laptop is much more powerful than my desktop, so I prefer peer-to-peer.
    Thanks for help.

Re: How can I set up a wireless network with Windows Vista?

I don't understand this question.

Who will have the hard connection to the Internet?

Or, is there some other wireless access point that you will use?

Comment

Umm, sorry for my bad English (and knowledge, too).
      Well, what I can see is my desktop connect to the WAP, and the WAP connect to the modem.
      Both of us can connect to the internet independently but we can't access to each other's computer. I want to set up a network so that we can access to each other.
      Every time he want to store his files in my desktop, I must boot to Windows XP.
      And...what do mean "hard connection"? Is it me?

Comment

OK, there's a WAP, and it is connected to a modem. My question was, is your desktop connected by ethernet cable to the modem/internet -- it sounds like the answer is "no". So both computers are connected independently, and wirelessly, to the WAP.

I'm not a network engineer, but I think you need a wireless router, and you need to set up the routing table on the router to include the IP addresses of both computers that are to be on your wireless LAN.

Then you will mark your chosen directories for "sharing", and you will use the network settings in Vista and Kubuntu to access the shared "folders" or directories on each others' computer.

Comment

Working...
        X