This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having problems with Firefox 3 history cleanup [SOLVED]

Does anybody have a clue about what to do with this stuff - the browsing history won't clean up and I have no idea what to do with it. I've set up to remove browsing history when FF closes in settings, but that doesn't affect on it in anyway.

p.s. I removed my profile by deleting ~/.mozilla, but it also didn't help, unfortunately.

Re: Having problems with Firefox 3 history cleanup

I am assuming that you have tried looking in Firefox under Tools and choosing the option Clear Private Data or by pressing Ctrl Shift and delete?

This works on mine and asks what I want to delete ..cookies history etc

Let me know if that works or not and I will respond
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Yes, I've tried exactly this! But, unfortunately this doesn't work for me. After I quit the Firefox it ask me whether do I want it clear my history and etc. And after I start the FF again, _there is_ my surfing history - nothing changes!

Comment

Was firefox running when you deleted ~/.mozilla? Are you quite sure you deleted the correct folder? What was the exact command you used?

The history is stored under ~/.mozilla, so something must have gone wrong deleting that.
        Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

Well, thanks everybody! I've successfully solved this problem!

Comment

Great! So what exactly went wrong, so others can benefit from your experience.

Also, could you edit the subject line of your first post to include SOLVED.

Many thanks
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Re: Having problems with Firefox 3 history cleanup [SOLVED]

Well, I don't actually know what happened exactly, but it seems there were another copy of FF running in background.

Comment

Working...
              X