This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live CD Error Message Help

Could you try something else please to help us look for the error...

Could you boot again off the live CD and instead of pressing F4 for options go for F6 for further options. The cursor is now in the command line above the F keys. Now delete "quiet splash --" and press enter.

Instead of a pretty screen that stops responding you will see kernel messages shooting past you (hopefully). Please note the last couple of lines before the system hangs (if indeed, it will) and post the result...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I run the 64-bit Kubuntu and it does see and use my 4GB of RAM. I think the only problem with using 32-bit Linux on a machine with 4GB of memory is that it won't see or use all of the memory. I have not heard of a problem running the 32-bit Linux on a machine with "too much" memory installed.

But, I think toad is onto the correct path -- there's some boot option that is needed to allow the splash to work. If removing "quiet" and "splash" don't work, try "vga=785" and if that doesn't work, "vga=791" and if that doesn't work "acpi=noapic".

Comment

I downloaded a slightly newer version of kubuntu (the KDE4 Remix or something like that) and now it works except I cant get my WiFi to work but thats for a different post...thanks all

Comment

So who needs us? You certainly don't Well done, mate!
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X