This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound's disappeared - SOLVED

Reinstalled Kubuntu and went with the Hardy Heron as KDE4 was proving too difficult to customise, the sound was working after the install, was getting starting up and closing sounds, now not getting anything, the audio players don't output and when I try the test sound button in settings don't hear anything.

The sound is working fine in my windows partition so know it's not a hardware issue. Using onboard sound AD1988B 8-channel High Definition Audio Codec.

Any ideas of how I can fix this?
    Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 with Compiz<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Asus P5E3 Deluxe Mobo, Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512MB

Re: Sound's disappeared

Try this Comprehensive Sound Problems Solutions Guide

If you are having any issues with it then ask away.

Comment

Re: Sound's disappeared

Thank you marshallbanana, used that guide, card was showing up, nothing was muted in the mixer which baffled me, however uninstalled and reinstalled the card and restarted and bingo, got my sound back. Also because of the mixer got 5.1 surround now which I didn't have before.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 with Compiz<br /><br />Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Asus P5E3 Deluxe Mobo, Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9600GT 512MB

Comment

Working...
      X