X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse pointer acceleration

Hi,

I have just installed 8.04 and tried to setup mouse in system settings. I reduced pointer acceleration to 1.0 from 2.0 but it wont keep that setting. When I shut down and restart computer it reverts back to 2.0 setting which is just a bit fast for me. How would I set it to stay at 1.0.
    How do I set auto-login in KDE4 as well. The setting is greyed out and I am not sure how to access via the terminal.

Thanks

Re: Mouse pointer acceleration

KDE 4.0 is not a stable version (read - not for production/still under development). 4.1 is to be released soon (see below, more at kde.org).

"KDE 4.1 Beta 2 released
    On 24th June 2008, The KDE Community released KDE 4.1 Beta 2, aimed at testers, community members and enthusiasts in order to identify bugs and regressions, so that 4.1 can fully replace KDE 3 for end users. KDE 4.1 beta 1 is available as binary packages for a wide range of platforms, and as source packages. KDE 4.1 is due for final release in July 2008. "

It's possible that auto-login hasn't yet been implemented.

As for the mouse issue, you may want to report it here -
    http://bugs.kde.org/wizard.cgi

Regards,

-JerryG
    &quot;Commonsense is on perpetual backorder&quot;<br />Linux User #165194

Comment

Re: Mouse pointer acceleration

I can auto-login to KDE4...

Start in KDE4, open a terminal and input:
      sudo systemsettings
      It will start the KDE3 (Yes 3) System Settings. Go to Advance, Login Manager and Convenience. Put ticks in the two boxes and press the Apply button. Reboot and auto-login to KDE4
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
      X