This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok won't fetch

I seem to have done something that hampered amarok's ability to fetch lyric and artist information from the internet. It no longer seems able to connect. I am not sure where or how I disabled the ability or how to bring it back.

I really really liked that feature.

Thanks in advance for the help in restoring it.
    You can teach an old dog new tricks.<br />You just can&#39;t do it with old biscuits.

Re: Amarok won't fetch

Not sure about the artist info, but the lyrics are done by 'lyrc', an amarok script, you can see which you have in tools>script manager (from within amarok)

the only other thing might be in settings>configure amarok, the external web browser is set to 'default KDE browser'. Can't find where it keeps its internet settings so maybe it imports them directly from there?

Comment

Re: Amarok won't fetch

They say you can't teach a old dog new tricks and yet my amarok is streaming mp3's beautifully.

I guess its a pride thing but regardless. Licensing problems seem to always get in the way of true talent .

I guess thats why when you try and make something free and " Great " your bound to get a few rouge millionaires with more money than brains that just want control.

I believe someone actually paid for my flash just for the right to tell the rest to go screw themselves.

Oh well. God knows I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X