This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change resolution

So I downloaded 8.04 KDE4 remix, and I am having problems changing the resolution. It's stuck at a widescreen resolution, and my monitor is square. Since the System Settings don't work in KDE4 yet, how might I go about changing this?

NOTE: I have an ATI Radeon Express 200 graphics card.

Re: Can't change resolution

If you can install the package "envyng-core", then Ctrl-Alt-F1 out of the GUI and log in to the console, then run it as
    Code:
    sudo envyng -t
    it will install a proprietary ATI driver that should provide you more control. Don't ask me details -- I use Nvidia. But surely a search on this forum will turn up ATI resolution posts.

Comment

I already have the proprietary driver installed.

Comment

So what is the ATI settings app, "catalyst"? Can you run that and adjust the resolution?

BTW, which kernel are you running? I believe there is some problem with ATI drivers and the 2.6.25 kernel.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_fglrx

Comment

I'd change the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file (making a backup first, goes without saying!)
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
            So what is the ATI settings app, "catalyst"? Can you run that and adjust the resolution?

BTW, which kernel are you running? I believe there is some problem with ATI drivers and the 2.6.25 kernel.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problems_with_fglrx
            I do not know of any ATI settings app. I do not have this "catalyst" installed, nor can I find it in the list of packages available. And I cannot edit the xorg.conf file.

Comment

Working...
            X