This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Labels

I know there is a way to name the different desktops I configure, but is there a way to have the label show up in the taskbar (preferable) or the desktop itself?

I know I could just have different backgrounds, but I use the same one, and I would rather not load four slightly altered instances of the background photo just so I can add a label to it.

Thanks!
    You can teach an old dog new tricks.<br />You just can&#39;t do it with old biscuits.

Re: Desktop Labels

If you right-click the pager on the kicker-panel, there is an option to display the desktop name instead of the number.
    Don't know about displaying it on the desktop itself.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

haha! Awesome; I was always trying to configure it on the desktop, I never thought to click there; thanks!

On a related note, is there a way to set the default desktop on which an app should open? I know I could probably append the command with the CTRL+f# of the desktop I wish to use, but I am not that adept at scripting (read: I don't know what I am doing at all) yet.

Thanks again!
      You can teach an old dog new tricks.<br />You just can&#39;t do it with old biscuits.

Comment

kmenu>system settings>window behaivour>window specific settings
        clicking new will allow you to create rules for certain apps, just type their names into 'description'
        setting desktops is under the geometry tab

note: this is using kde3.5.9

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X