X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror Search Shortcuts

Greetings!

I just migrated from XP a few days ago and I am playing around with the keyboard shortcuts in the system. The ease with which these can be configured makes me wish I had migrated long ago; I love to save mouse clicks.

My question is in regard to the Konqueror interface; I know how to give the address bar focus and to erase the address (CTRL+L) and that, paired with the search shortcuts (i.e.: "uwiki: konquerer help") are one of my favorite features.

How difficult would it be to create a shortcut key that would give the address bar focus, erase the current address, and preload the site I wish to search into the address bar so all I have to do is type in my search terms.

In other words, if I wanted to search google images, all I would have to do is to key in my shortcut and then the search term, saving me the effort of typing "ggi:" (yeah, I am just that lazy efficient)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Jeffrey
    You can teach an old dog new tricks.<br />You just can&#39;t do it with old biscuits.

Re: Konqueror Search Shortcuts

I'm not really experienced with it, but it seems like you could set up something like that using the "Input Actions" tool in settings://Accessibility/.
    It lets you set up macros and so forth. Check it out.
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

Re: Konqueror Search Shortcuts

sweet; that would probably help me with the follow up question I just posted about desktops, as well. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

EDIT: I found an excellent tutorial on creating a multistep macro that was useful:

http://rrfx.net/kde_insert_macro

It even has a handy list of formatting options for use with the DCOP command to set the clipboard contents.
      You can teach an old dog new tricks.<br />You just can&#39;t do it with old biscuits.

Comment

Working...
      X