This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

administrator mode

I recently installed kubuntu 8.04 hardy heron and I can't get into administrator mode, I don't have an option to do that. And under Network Settings, the only things I can change are Connection Preferences, Proxy, and Service Discovery. There's no option to configure Interface.kindly help me to solve this problem. I cant change the time also since no administrator mode

Re: administrator mode

So...

If you go to Network Settings how does the Administrator Mode button (very bottom, right) appear?

If you connect to the internet, open Konsole Terminal Program and input:
    sudo apt-get update
    then
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    what happens?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by veeyen
      I recently installed kubuntu 8.04 hardy heron and I can't get into administrator mode, I don't have an option to do that. And under Network Settings, the only things I can change are Connection Preferences, Proxy, and Service Discovery. There's no option to configure Interface.kindly help me to solve this problem. I cant change the time also since no administrator mode
      You must be using Hardy w/ KDE 4. The lack of access to the admin mode is one of the problems with KDE 4. I believe you can get around it by running "kdesudo systemsettings" from the terminial.
      Registered Linux User: #281828 | Kubuntu User: #22280

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
      Dell Precision Workstation T5500 (Xeon @ 2.13GHz x 2 / 12 GB RAM)

Comment

kdesudo systemsettings
        This just returns a "command not found!" error.

Comment

Try
          kdesu
          not
          kdesudo
          "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
          "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Nehallyn
            kdesudo systemsettings
            This just returns a "command not found!" error.
            You can install kdesudo this way.

Code:
            sudo apt-get install kdesudo

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

kdesudo is already installed, I think it's a problem with the "systemsettings" part.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehallyn
                kdesudo is already installed, I think it's a problem with the "systemsettings" part.
                "systemsettings" is a Kubuntu-specific system configuration tool. KDE 4 for Kubuntu may not have that tool. In that case, you can run "kdesudo kcontrol".

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS

Comment

[/quote]
                  Originally posted by daihard
                  Originally posted by veeyen
                  You must be using Hardy w/ KDE 4. The lack of access to the admin mode is one of the problems with KDE 4. I believe you can get around it by running "kdesudo systemsettings" from the terminial.
                  Thank you daihard. Now I am able to get the internet and able to change the system clock

Comment

Conversely you can use:
                    Code:
                    kdesudo /usr/lib/kde4/bin/systemsettings
                    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                    X