This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new install keeping old /home

If it is an ntfs partition and you want to access it from Kubuntu, then tell the installer to Use it, as ntfs, and to mount it as either /windows or /dos, i label my XP installation as /windows/XP, and the XP back-up partition as /windows/XP-backup.

Comment

Originally posted by aged hippy
      If it is an ntfs partition and you want to access it from Kubuntu, then tell the installer to Use it, as ntfs, and to mount it as either /windows or /dos, i label my XP installation as /windows/XP, and the XP back-up partition as /windows/XP-backup.
      That's exactly what I did and I got the above mentioned error when installation started.

Comment

Then i'm afraid i can't help, the installer has to be told to use the partition, what to use it as, and how to mount it.

If you've followed those steps and it still gives the error, i am stumped.

Comment

@ aulio

I have no idea about win stuff, but I would go through with the installation without tying in your win partition - just add it later by manipulating your /etc/fstab

There is plenty of info in this forum or you could start a new thread

HTH
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
            I have no idea about win stuff, but I would go through with the installation without tying in your win partition - just add it later by manipulating your /etc/fstab
            This is correct. The grub keeps the dual boot and I was able to mount the win partitions afterwards. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X