This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install Kdock with 'kde-config' missing

I unpacked the kdock (docking program) to my home directory, and ran the config file in the terminal.

1. In the terminal, I manually typed in ./configure, and the configuration stopped in about 10 seconds saying that an important file was missing

2. The message that shoots out of the terminal is the following:
    The program 'kde-config' is currently not installed, install it by typing sudo apt-get install kdelibstc2a

3. So, I manually typed that in, but I got the message- Package kdelibs4c2a is not available. Package kdelibs4c2a has no installation candidate.

----------------------------------
    Help me get this file, but keep in mind that I haven't established an internet connection with my desktop that is running Xubuntu.

Re: Trying to install Kdock with 'kde-config' missing

In Hardy there is a package called "kdelibs4c2a".

Do you mean kdocker or kooldock?

Why are you compiling instead of installing from repositories? It is easier to connect to the internet, open Konsole Terminal Program and input (e.g.)
    sudo apt-get install kdocker
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the response, but I would like the uninstall code to remove kdocker because it wasn't what I was looking for. If I go Add/Remove> all installed packages, I can't locate kdocker.

Help.

Originally posted by arochester
      In Hardy there is a package called "kdelibs4c2a".

Do you mean kdocker or kooldock?

Why are you compiling instead of installing from repositories? It is easier to connect to the internet, open Konsole Terminal Program and input (e.g.)
      sudo apt-get install kdocker

Comment

Use Adept Manager. K Menu > System > Adept Manager to select kdocker for removal. In the Search box type kdocker then click the blue > and click the Request Removal button and then click on Apply Changes. That's it. kdocker will be removed.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When I run Adept Manager, I get - application needs special admin. (root) privileges...... please run it as root or through ksdesu.

?

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Use Adept Manager. K Menu > System > Adept Manager to select kdocker for removal. In the Search box type kdocker then click the blue > and click the Request Removal button and then click on Apply Changes. That's it. kdocker will be removed.

Comment

When you launch Adept Manager you should be prompted for your password. Are you the user who installed Kubuntu on the PC?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm the only user, so installation must have failed. great!

Originally posted by Snowhog
              When you launch Adept Manager you should be prompted for your password. Are you the user who installed Kubuntu on the PC?

Comment

Working...
              X