This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu install failing through wubi

Alright, I am obviously a total noob to linux, but I really want to try it out. I attempted to install with wubi onto my computer kubuntu. I currently have vista 64 ultimate and windows xp already on my comp. Wubi added the option to go to kubuntu on my boot menu and when I try to load it after a successful wubi install the kubuntu loading screen stays on my computer forever, and eventually it goes blank and proceeds with errors like 204.447826 ata 6.00 revalidation failed (errno=-5). I am assuming the windows boot loader is causing this issue? Also should I try installing through the cd process with partitioning or? Thanks to anyone who responds and good to be here trying to expand my mind. Thanks.

I am running a core 2 duo e6600, 4gb supertalent memory, seagate drive with xp, raptor drive with vista (non raid setup).

Re: kubuntu install failing through wubi

Partitioning (manually or just using the automatic option) using the livecd is definitely an option. However it whould be possible to do it with wubi. How though I'm not sure but hopefully someone will come along with how to solve this for you.

Comment

Working...
    X