This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help for Wlan

I know this is getting too much from all the posts, but I have searched and searched and searched to no avail.
    Anyway...

I'd like a guide on how to install my wlan drivers for my LevelOne WNC-0301 PCI card, plus a way to configure my WPA2 key (so I can connect to my "host" lol )
    I am using Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (or something like that).

Please, try to keep things a bit simple, and keep in mind that it is a bit hard for me to connect to the net via linux, since I don't have a 10 meter (30 ft) cable, and I can't move my computer all the time. So that leaves my mostly the choice to save whatever solution on a txt file, and then read it in linux.

PS: If I need any additional programs, please point that out in the beginning of the post!!!
    Thanks a lot

PS2: I'm new on linux, so don't assume I know everything!

Re: Help for Wlan

I can possibly help you with your wlan driver - but the WPA2 information will need to come from someone else.

Have a look at "Problem with LevelOne WNC-0301" on http://www.backports.ubuntuforums.or...d.php?t=712935

It tells you 1) How to get the latest (Windows) drivers 2) That you need to install through ndiswrapper and 3) How to blacklist .

Ndiswrapper is a way of running Windows drivers in Linux. I will admit to using the graphical method occasionally because it can be easier. Install ndisgtk

There are some minor differences between Ubuntu and Kubuntu. So where the Ubuntu line is
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    it should be changed to
    kdesu kate /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Help for Wlan

Thanks (I guess, I haven't tried it yet).

I will post later on whether it worked or not, plus any additional info that may come in handy.
      Now awaiting for the WPA2 instructions ^_^

EDIT:

Well I found a GUI for ndiswrapper, so that solved a lot of trouble. Still having problems with my WPA2 so I disabled it for now.

Comment

Working...
      X