This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Force synaptic or adept package Manager to select DVD as sources

Hi i have a slow internet connection, i installed kubuntu 7.10 in my pc...And i have added some respositories (online) ..My system then updated the list of packages from internet...
    Now I tried to install the packages (ex: gimp) i have that gimp package in my gutsy DVD.....
    but instead of using the package available in my DVD,kubuntu tries to download package from the internet...

I asked a similar question in the kubuntu support section..one guy replied me that "with synaptic package manager one can restrict this"

If so then how to make the synaptic package manager to restrict this?

Re: How to Force synaptic or adept package Manager to select sources from DVD

If I understand your question correctly then to get source from the DVD to your Kubuntu install Do this.........
    Start Synaptic
    CHoose EDIT > Add CDROM

Comment

Re: How to Force synaptic or adept package Manager to select sources from DVD

Package managers (FAQ: Package Managers ) are always trying to install the latest version. That's why (probably):
      i have that gimp package in my gutsy DVD.....
      but instead of using the package available in my DVD,kubuntu tries to download package from the internet...

Forcing version ( How to downgrade packages (forcing version))

With the Synaptic package manager:

Choose package, Package > Force version, choose version, click "Force version". click "Apply"

Package managers are also trying to upgrade packages to the latest version but you can pinn package version > Pinning version

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
      X