This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time user for Kubuntu

I just installed Kubuntu for the first time. I have been a Windows user for the longest time and I quite frankly got tired of it constantly crashing or otherwise floundering when i get the urges to tweak its performance. What I've been trying to do when I started out was get the wireless internet working. When I tried, a lot of the windows in Linux were Gray. Since this is my first time using linux I would greatly appreciate a step by step walk through on what I can do to get my Dynex Wireless network adapter working. Also a step by step guide on how to get access to most of this stuff would be much appreciated as well.

Re: First time user for Kubuntu

Can we have some more information please? There seen to be a few different Dynex Wireless Adapters. Which model is it?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: First time user for Kubuntu

http://www.dynexproducts.com/pc-597-...k-adapter.aspx

Thats my wireless adapter. I cant find linux drivers anywhere on their site. And I have no idea how to activate the wireless access for Kubuntu its self which Dynex will allow me to use the default that came with the windows as an option instead. I've tried searching for it myself though I'm at a complete loss on where to find it. I thought it would be in the network options under the internet applications but I couldn't find it there either. To be honest I had no idea what i was looking at. I have the latest version of Kubuntu installed. I also couldn't edit most of the options there.

Comment

Working...
      X