This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheres the e mail programme

Hi i had a go at ubuntu a couple of years ago and was totaly bemused so stayed with xp now have new pc running vista home and am thinking of either giving ubuntu or kubuntu a go have both live cd's and am leaning towards kubuntu installed running from live cd and connected to web no probs but where are all the other progs e mail client etc and is there a post in idiot proof english how to download and install ie the apt-get or whatever everything seems chinese to me, no offence to chinese, do i have to install office etc a good idea would be an online manual to d/l for thickheads like me lol or is there one sorry for long post

Re: wheres the e mail programme

I am not sure what Kubutu ships with.

I like Mozilla Thunderbird. You can install as follow.
    Click on K-Menu (mine is bottom left)
    Click on Add/Remove Programs.
    This should open Adept Installer (you most probably would have to supply password first)
    In the "Search Field" enter "mail"
    Select Mozilla Thunderbird and Install.

Enjoy !!!!

Comment

The default email client in kubuntu is kmail, which is a part of the kontact PIM suite. You can find kontact in the kmenu (you can also run kmail as a stand alone application with the 'kmail' command). Kontact includes (apart from kmail) an RSS feed reader, a calendar, notebook, todo lists etc.

Although you can install and use several different mail applications if you wish, none of them integrate as well as kmail into a KDE desktop, so I'd give kmail/kontact a go first.

Comment

so can i do this whilst running the live version or do i have to install and have a dual boot system and following that how do i set up to dual boot as its that long im totaly starting again really

Comment

Working...
        X