This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no internet connection after upgrade to kubuntu

Since i changed from ubuntu to kubuntu (with linux mce) i don't have an internet connection
    anymore, not wired, and not wireless. Did enable them through network settings, first both, then
    only one, but that didn't help..

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Guido

Re: no internet connection after upgrade to kubuntu

That's weird. Was there a version change in there too (e.g. from gutsy ubuntu to hardy kubuntu)? Technically Kubuntu is identical to ubuntu at the backend (network daemons and such), so the problem may not be kubuntu desktop itself, but something else.

Have you tried knetworkmanager? It simplifies things a little over the network settings module in System Settings.

Comment

Guido,

I am just beginning with Kubuntu and I did not get a DSL connection at first.
      the setting I am using now are in Network connections TCP/IP "DHCP Auto "activates when starts" and in "Proxy" using "Connect to internet directly."

Gerard

Originally posted by mak
      Since i changed from ubuntu to kubuntu (with linux mce) i don't have an internet connection
      anymore, not wired, and not wireless. Did enable them through network settings, first both, then
      only one, but that didn't help..

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Guido

Comment

Originally posted by mak
        i don't have an internet connection anymore, not wired, and not wireless
        Can you see your wireless network when you right-click on the knetworkmanager icon in the system tray (the right-most little icons of whats running in the background part on the taskbar when everything is in its defauly places)?
        And when you go into kmenu>system settings>network settings are you ethernet and wifi cards listed? and are they enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by marek_online

That's weird. Was there a version change in there too (e.g. from gutsy ubuntu to hardy kubuntu)? Technically Kubuntu is identical to ubuntu at the backend (network daemons and such), so the problem may not be kubuntu desktop itself, but something else.

Have you tried knetworkmanager? It simplifies things a little over the network settings module in System Settings.

I belive the knetworkmanager is not a standard program? Since i do not have an working internet connection it will bed difficult to use it.. anyway the normal network settings are pretty standard, but it won't work..

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
            Originally posted by mak
            i don't have an internet connection anymore, not wired, and not wireless
            Can you see your wireless network when you right-click on the knetworkmanager icon in the system tray (the right-most little icons of whats running in the background part on the taskbar when everything is in its defauly places)?
            And when you go into kmenu>system settings>network settings are you ethernet and wifi cards listed? and are they enabled?
            They are borh listed en enabled, alson tried to enable ojust one.. but no results so far..

Comment

Working...
            X