This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]konsole konfounded kuser ;)

I am trying to get going with some linux networking - basically just seeing other machines (a Mac and XP box) on my local network...

Long before getting to the process of setting up NFS, I simply see if I can ping the subnet IP of the Mac. Thing is, the ping just keeps on going, and going, and going (you get the idea..)

I realized that I don't know how to stop this process and restore the terminal prompt. I d/l the konsole manual in pdf and can't see anything there. So, I ask here: What is the process of ending/stopping/killing something like a ping that keeps on going.

While I'm at it, I have seen other moments where a command has ended (after asking for sources.list) and I have no prompt on the screen where I can enter a new command. When that happens, what does it mean and what should I do to respond to it, or, barring that, what can I do to restore my prompt and continue?

Help always very much appreciated.

Re: konsole konfounded kuser

Ctrl+C
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hmm.. too easy by half. How come I haven't seen this listed anywhere (well, in the few, selected, first-link-in-google-search kind of places) I looked before asking here?

In any event, thanks!

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux, Kubuntu, and the Kubuntu Forums.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]konsole konfounded kuser

Bash Shell Keyboard Shortcuts For Linux Users
          Bash Guide for Beginners

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]konsole konfounded kuser

Thanks for the excellent links - stored on bookmark bar of FF3.0RC1 for future reference.

Comment

Working...
            X